By Honora Howell Chapman,Zuleika Rodgers
- Represents the 1st single-volume number of readings to target Josephus
- Covers a variety of disciplinary ways to the topic, together with reception history
- Features contributions from 29 eminent students within the box from 4 continents
- Reveals very important insights into the Jewish and Roman worlds in the intervening time while Christianity was once gaining floor as a movement
Named Outstanding educational name of 2016 by Choice Magazine, a booklet of the yank Library Association
Read Online or Download A Companion to Josephus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best ancient history books
The papyri of Egypt provide a wealthy and complicated photo of this crucial Roman province and supply an unheard of perception into how a Roman province really labored. additionally they have enough money a helpful window into historic fiscal habit and lifestyle. This research is the 1st systematic therapy of the position of land shipping in the financial lifetime of Roman Egypt, a daily financial job on the heart of the economic system not just of Egypt yet of the Roman global.
By way of systematically confronting Greek culture of the Heroic Age with the proof of either linguistics and archaeology, Margalit Finkelberg proposes a multidisciplinary evaluation of the ethnic, linguistic and cultural scenario in Greece within the moment millennium BC. the most thesis of this e-book is that the Greeks begun their historical past as a multi-ethnic inhabitants team such as either Greek-speaking newbies and the indigenous inhabitants of the land and that the physique of 'Hellenes' as recognized to us from the ancient interval was once a planned self-creation.
Examensarbeit aus dem Jahr 2008 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, observe: 2,0, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (Althistorisches Seminar Göttingen), forty five Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Ich habe mich für alle drei Kaiser auf vier Legitimationsbereiche beschränkt, um einen sinnvollen Vergleich und eine Erörterung ihrer Herrschaftspraxis zu ermöglichen.
For greater than a millennium, the Byzantine Empire presided over the juncture among East and West, in addition to the transition from the classical to the trendy world. Jonathan Harris, a leading student of Byzantium, eschews the standard run-through of emperors and battles and as a substitute recounts the empire’s impressive background through focusing every one chronological bankruptcy on an archetypal determine, relations, position, or occasion.
- Frauen in der römischen Religion. Eine Einführung in den Kult der vestalischen Jungfrauen (German Edition)
- Antigonus the One-Eyed: Greatest of the Successors
- A Companion to Plutarch (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
- Wandering Myths: Transcultural Uses of Myth in the Ancient World
Additional info for A Companion to Josephus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Josephus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Honora Howell Chapman,Zuleika Rodgers