By R. Malcolm Errington
- Offers a sincerely equipped narrative with specific emphasis on kingdom and governmental structures
- Makes large use of inscriptions in translation to demonstrate the continued power of the Greek urban states ahead of the Roman conquest
- Emphasizes the explicit Macedonian origins of all energetic members within the construction of the Hellenistic world
- Highlights the relationships among Greek city-states and Macedonian monarchies
Read Online or Download A History of the Hellenistic World: 323 - 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) PDF
Best ancient history books
The papyri of Egypt provide a wealthy and complicated photograph of this significant Roman province and supply an exceptional perception into how a Roman province truly labored. additionally they find the money for a precious window into old fiscal habit and way of life. This examine is the 1st systematic therapy of the function of land shipping in the fiscal lifetime of Roman Egypt, a daily fiscal task on the middle of the financial system not just of Egypt yet of the Roman global.
By way of systematically confronting Greek culture of the Heroic Age with the facts of either linguistics and archaeology, Margalit Finkelberg proposes a multidisciplinary evaluation of the ethnic, linguistic and cultural scenario in Greece within the moment millennium BC. the most thesis of this ebook is that the Greeks all started their historical past as a multi-ethnic inhabitants workforce together with either Greek-speaking rookies and the indigenous inhabitants of the land and that the physique of 'Hellenes' as identified to us from the historical interval used to be a planned self-creation.
Examensarbeit aus dem Jahr 2008 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, notice: 2,0, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (Althistorisches Seminar Göttingen), forty five Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Ich habe mich für alle drei Kaiser auf vier Legitimationsbereiche beschränkt, um einen sinnvollen Vergleich und eine Erörterung ihrer Herrschaftspraxis zu ermöglichen.
For greater than a millennium, the Byzantine Empire presided over the juncture among East and West, in addition to the transition from the classical to the fashionable world. Jonathan Harris, a leading student of Byzantium, eschews the standard run-through of emperors and battles and in its place recounts the empire’s impressive heritage by means of focusing each one chronological bankruptcy on an archetypal determine, family members, position, or occasion.
- Maximus the Confessor (The Early Church Fathers)
- L'Egypte ancienne Poche Pour les Nuls, nelle éd. (POCHE NULS) (French Edition)
- The Cambridge Companion to Roman Law (Cambridge Companions to the Ancient World)
- Xenophon: Leben und Werk (German Edition)
- A History of Pergamum: Beyond Hellenistic Kingship
- Bucolica, Georgica / Hirtengedichte, Landwirtschaft (Sammlung Tusculum) (German Edition)
Additional resources for A History of the Hellenistic World: 323 - 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World)
A History of the Hellenistic World: 323 - 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) by R. Malcolm Errington